■ Safety information
Follow these basic safety guidelines when installing the car kit.
• Note that the instructions in this installation guide are general guidelines
which apply for the installation of the Nokia CK-10 car kit in an automobile.
Due to the wide variety of car types and models available, this guide cannot
consider the individual technical requirements relevant for any particular
vehicle. Contact the vehicle manufacturer for further detailed information
about the vehicle in question.
• Make sure that the car ignition is off and disconnect the car battery before
beginning the installation. Ensure that it cannot be reconnected inadvertently.
• Modern automotive systems include on-board computers where key vehicle
parameters are stored. Improper disconnection of the car battery may cause
loss of data, requiring extensive effort for re-initialization of the system. If you
have any concerns, contact your car dealer before any installation work.
• The phone holder is to be fixed onto the hands-free unit in the cockpit area
where the display is clearly visible for the user but does not interfere with the
control or operation of the vehicle. The keypad should be within easy reach of
• All equipment must be mounted so that it does not interfere with the
operation of the vehicle. Make sure not to impact the steering or braking
Copyright © 200
5 Nokia. All rights reserved.
systems or other key systems essential for proper operation of the car when
installing the car kit equipment. Make sure that deployment of the airbag is
not blocked or impaired in any way.
• Do not smoke when working on the car. Make sure that there is no source of
fire or flame nearby.
• RF signals may affect improperly installed or inadequately shielded electronic
systems in motor vehicles, for example, electronic fuel injection systems,
electronic antiskid braking systems, electronic speed control systems, airbag
systems. Should you note a fault or change in the operation of such a system,
contact your car dealer.
• The car kit should not be installed in the head impact area.
• Do not wire car kit equipment to the high voltage lines of the ignition system.
• Take care not to cause damage to electrical cables, fuel or brake lines, or safety
equipment during installation work.
• Ensure cables are placed so that they are not subjected to mechanical wear
and tear. Do not place cables under car seats or over sharp edges.